Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Title of Liberty

Last night we had a really fun Family Home Evening that I thought I would share. I briefly told the boys the story of Captain Moroni and the Title of Liberty. Then I gave each of them a piece of fabric that was cut into the shape of a coat. I let them each rip the arms of the coat off, to make a rectangle shaped piece, and with a fabric marker we wrote "In memory or our God, our religion,and freedom, and our peace, our wives and our children" Just like Moroni did, and then we used hot glue to glue them onto sticks, and then had a parade marching around the house while the boys waved their 'Titles of liberty' while singing 'Families can be together forever'. They had so much fun! When I put Christian to sleep that night I asked him what his favorite thing was today, and he said "Ripping the coat and making a flag like Moroni, and protecting my family."


3 comments:

Kara said...

Okay seriously the boys look so big!! Oh i really hope you guys can make it out to Utah for Christmas! I miss all of you guys!

kdorsey26@gmail.com said...

That's such a cute idea! Am I crazy, or does Christian look a lot like David at that age?

Julene said...

Wow! I miss checking your blog for a few days and suddenly there's 3 posts!

Man, your boys really are growing up so fast. I hardly recognize Christian since the last time I saw him in person! Nick looks pretty much the same, except a bit bigger. That's cute he's in soccer, and actually playing now. I think I might put Jordan in soccer some time, he's actually pretty good at kicking a ball.

Good idea on the home evening thing. I can just imagine those two running around the house with those flags. lol.