Sunday, November 25, 2007

I am thankful for Christian!

It was 1 year ago now that his beautiful fat cheeks and long black eyelashes made their debut appearance, and they have been lighting up my life ever since. Of course I am thankful for everyone else too, but since his birthday was on thanksgiving this year, I am especially thankful for him. We tricked a bunch of people in our ward into coming to his birthday party by telling them that they were invited to thanksgiving dinner (lets be honest, who would come to a birthday party on thanksgiving?). We had 7 families come, so we brought the Alder's table over and set it up in our living room, and put the kids at a coffee table in the kitchen. It was great! We had more food than we could eat in a week, and even more pies! I cooked my first ever turkey which was an interesting experience to say the least! Christian has always been one who LOVES to eat, so it really seems fitting for him to have a thanksgiving birthday. We gave him a mini chocolate pie with a candle in it while we sang happy birthday to him, and then we let him have at it, which was probably his favorite part of the day. Anyway it was a great day and I am thankful for all our friends who shared it with us!

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

What a memorable thanksgiving! A party AND a family dinner all in one great day! That must have been so much fun.

Julene said...

Sorry I missed the party! But that video of Christian eating the pie was adorable!