Thursday, November 15, 2007

Please tell me you didn't!



You know it's going to be a bad morning when you get out of the shower and your 3 year old says "Mommy! I colored the stairs blue!" That's right. He had taken A blue sharpie and colored on the wooden part of our stairs. So I go and find the strongest cleaner that I have- C.L.R. to see if it will get it off, while I am scrubbing it he says "I colored more mommy." I asked him where and he brought me into the kitchen. There on the fridge was another blue drawing. So I took the CLR to the fridge. It took the paint off the stairs but not the marker, and it only faded the markings on the fridge. So I thinking "Great. Now I have to call the rental office to get the stairs repainted, and I don't have any idea what to do about the fridge. THey already probably think we are crazy because I have to call them every week with a new problem, you know last week with the lock out, the week before when nicholas ran THROUGH the sliding screen door. I'm sure they will raise our rent or something." While I'm on the phone with the rental office-who were really nice about the whole thing, Nicholas got a hold of the CLR. He comes up to me and says "I got lemon juice in my mouth mommy!" Yes, he had sprayed the cleaner in his mouth! I quickly stuck his head in the sink and told him to let the water run in his mouth while I called poison control. Luckily they said to just give him a big drink of milk and he should be fine. So that was my morning. If anyone knows how to get permanent marker off of a fridge, let me know!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie!! You just have to take a white board marker, the non-permanant kind, go over the markings with that, and then wipe it off with some windex or something. The main thing to know is using a white board marker: there's some sort of compound they put in them that takes the ink off. I bled through a paper onto the white counter of the church library one time with a permanent marker, and that's the only thing that worked - and we did try CLR before that.

Lisa/Scott said...

Oh man Natalie...I think that every thing you go through with that boy will take you straight to the celestial kingdom. The CLR in the mouth would have been the last straw for me, I would have spanked Crystal for that one just cause her safety was involved and I'd be too afraid of her doing that again. I'm glad he was okay. So far I've only dealt with Crayon appearing in Random places, but I can only imagine a sharpie. lol.

Fuller Family said...

Ok I should have taken pictures of Kaden's Walls and then my kitchen Table. Yes they were covered with Marker and I scrubed and got it all off with those Mr. Clean Magic easers, They really were magic my neighbor suggested them and she said she buys them in huge packs! Good Luck and PS: Nicholas is such a normal BOY!!! I swear Kaden does all the same things. BOYS!!!!!

Rbyngrl said...

Hey Natalie, sounds like you have your hands full. Try Thoro (if they still make it, I think they do) that stuff cleans anything out--even gets gum out of hair and it got the spray paint off the side of my parents house when they got vandalized years ago. It might work. --Robyn