Tuesday, April 29, 2008

How many times a week can you eat mac n cheese?

So I feel like I am in a dinner rut. When you are on a tight budget, and food prices are all going up, it's hard to find a variety of low cost, fast fix meals. Out of lack of creativity we eat the same meals every week, and I'm kinda getting tired of some of them. So I'm calling out for recipes, and asking that people send me thier favorite quick meal recipe, preferably kid friendly! If you can't post it as a comment because you don't have a google account, then just email it to me! Thanks!

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Do you watch Rachel Ray in the mornings? She has some good ideas. If you don't have time to watch her, her website is
www.rachaelray.com
Also kraftfoods.com
has some good ideas too, and you can register for their magazine for free online. We get their Food & Family magazine every month and it has some awesome stuff in there that's pretty easy.
I haven't been cooking much lately cause I hate moving this belly around...today I'm putting stouffer's lasagna in the oven and that's everyone's dinner, but when I can get my brain working again I can send you some quick recipes that I like on your email.

Kathleen said...

We love tortillas at our house, and they run pretty cheap, and are quite versitile! With tacos, fajitas, nutella, just about anything. We like to make a kind of slaw with cabbage, carrots, maybe a thinly sliced onion or peppers and then a little bit of oil and citrus, any citrus you like. Then, you can put it with meet, or eat it on its own. My kids even like it. It's very summery tasting. We also like pasta salads in the summer, a can of this, can of that, some fresh veggies if you have them, and a bit of mayo. Let me know if you want specifics. I'm kind of a bare foods kind of person, I like to know the steps that go in and out of making the food, and not add a lot more.
Hope that's helpful :)
Kathleen