Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's that time of year again!





Have you ever wished candy grew on bushes, and you could pick and eat as much of it as you want? Well for Nicholas it does. Of course his candy comes in the form of strawberries. He has always been my fruit and veggie kid. He cannot get enough of them, and I am totally fine with that. You should have seen him when I asked him if he wanted to go strawberry picking. He jumped up out of his sandbox and put his shoes on fasted than he ever has before! This was the first year that bringing him was actually somewhat beneficial. He picked 3-1/2 pounds of strawberries all by himself, and I would say that at least 75% of them were edible! I was really proud of him. Christian sat in his stroller the whole time picking and eating all the green strawberries within his reach. When we were done picking them and paying for them, Nicholas promptly found a "Good Spot" in honor of the tradition he has with his Grandpa Dorsey, and sat down to enjoy his fruit. When we got home he dumped out his bucket of strawberries on the table, as it was halloween candy, and looked at and admired each one and told me how nice and red they were. This is my favorite time of year out here, I don't know why, but there is just something about going out to the u-pick farms and picking fruit with my family that makes me happy. Maybe because it has a lot of parallels with Lehi's dream of the tree of life? I don't know, but I love it!

3 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Crystal is a huge fan of Strawberries too. I'd bet she would have a great time doing that. I can see why it could easily become a favorite activity for you every year. Aren't you coming to town in June? We need to all get together and play before I get so big I pop open. I'm curious to see how Crystal does with your kids now that she's a little older, and prefers to play with little boys anyway cause other girls aren't as active as she can be.

Lisa said...

Very fun! We lived in Connecticut for a few months while my husband did an internship. We went and picked strawberries too. I think we got about ten pounds of them. My daughter Mckenna was three at the time and loved it. It is one of the few things she remembers from living there. I miss strawberry picking!

Julene said...

Nicholas is such a funny kid! lol. So are we going to get to go strawberry picking too?

Can't wait to see ya!