Friday, January 16, 2009

My little princesses!

I always wanted a baby girl. There is just something so fun about trying on jewelry and fluffy dresses, putting on make up, painting nails and playing with dolls. Since I only have boys, I was starting to think that this was something I wouldn't get to do with my kids. Boy was I wrong! We went to our neighbor's little girls birthday party last week, she was turning 2 and she got a bunch of princess dresses for her birthday. After she opened them her mom put one on her, and since there was only one other girl there she asked if she wanted to wear a dress too. When Christian saw the 2 girls all dressed up pretty, he shyly came to me and quietly said "I want pretty dress too!" In his innocent little 2 year old mind he had no idea why he wasn't asked if he wanted to wear a princess dress. I told him to go ask Brooke if he could try one on, so he boldly walked up and shouted "Brooke!!! I want to try!" Of course she had no idea what he wanted so I told her that he wanted to try on a dress too. When they put a skirt on him, he proudly walked around and showed it off! Since Christian was man enough to try one on, this opened the flood gates for all the other boys there! Before you knew it we had every kid all dressed up and twirling in the pretty princess dresses! They had so much fun! It's too bad they will probably kill me for sharing this 10 years from now!


Nick with his best friend Johnny at the party. Aren't they so pretty?

6 comments:

the hamms said...

I gotta tell you have a prissy little girl is awesome. Right now Roxy has a tutu that she wants to wear everywhere. But your son does make a pretty little girl!! Just kidding.

Emily said...

Very nice dresses! Jeffrey constantly reminds us that pink is his favorite color. We try not to worry about it, but we have been a little more concerned lately as he always wants to read the princess books. Hopefully they grow out of it, right??

Mike and Jana Black said...

Logan knows all about being dressed up in girls things. They will be mortified in 10 years, but make sure you bring them out. I guess it's time for you to have a girl of your own so they can borrow her dress-up stuff.

Cindy said...

lol! Girls experiment with boys stuff--I think it only fair that the boys get to experiment too. Way to go Christian!

Amy said...

They are cute all dressed up. Abby has a bunch of dress up stuff if you ever want to borrow it. And congrats on the granddaughters.

Strawberry Girl said...

LOL, they look so manly in their princess gowns. ;p