Sunday, June 14, 2009

Knock! Knock!

When the primary announced they were having a talent show, I asked Nicholas what he wanted to do for his talent. He didn't really know what a talent was, so I listed some common talents, sing a song, paint a picture, tell jokes,...immediately after I said tell jokes he got excited and said "Knock Knock jokes! I want to tell Knock knock jokes!" Now if you've ever heard his knock knock jokes, you would know why I cringed a little when he said that. Most of them don't make sense because he doesn't finnish them right, but he and Christian laugh like crazy anyway. However, since his is very into telling them right now, so I figured why not. The next week I was talking a friend of mine at church who has a son Nick's age, and when I told her that Nicholas wanted to tell knock knock jokes for his talent she started laughing and said that her son wanted to do the same thing, and she was worried about it for the same reasons. We decided it would be fun for them to do their talent together. So we did our best to practice with them how to tell the jokes right, and we let them each tell 2 jokes. So here it is, Nick and Ayden's comedy routine...(Except that I didn't get the camera turned on in time for the first joke)



I think they did a great job! (Even though Nick forgot part of one of his jokes. Yes, that was me in the background shouting 'Police':) )

5 comments:

the hamms said...

Even the best trained performers need a cue every once in a while.

Amy and Clark said...

He did a grand job! It was a fun night!

Emily said...

Wow - he's so brave! I'm impressed he didn't freeze altogether. There's no shame in needing a little prod.

Julene said...

lol! I may have to watch that a couple of times before I understand what they were saying! It was cute though!

Mandie Flood said...

Way to go Doodle!!!
How many Mom's would let their kids do that. Most of the time it seems that Mom's have a hard time being able to just let go, and let their kids be the individuals they choose to be. I'm glad you supported him in this.