Saturday, October 13, 2007

The new love of my life








My new passion can be described in one word. CRAIGSLIST! Why didn't I know about this sooner? It is a community classified website where you can buy and sell stuff and it doesn't cost you anything to use it. I have found all kinds of good bargains on it. First we were having friends over for dinner, but we have a small table so I looked on craigslist for some folding chairs. I found a set of 4 nice ones being sold for $12! Then after the party we got to thinking it might be nice to have a bigger table. Well I looked on craigslist and found a nice solid pine dining room set- table, 6 chairs and a hutch all for $200! This is when it gets good... I sold my table on craigslist for $100, and a desk that we don't use for $25, and a slide that the boys don't play with anymore for $10, so after selling all that, my new dining set only cost me $65! It definently needs to have the seats reapholstered because I don't like blue, but otherwise it was a great find. Then I got a double stroller that had only been used 3 times and was practically brand new for only $55! My latest find is my boys favorite though. I got them a yellow power wheels hummer. They LOVE it and have so much fun driving around the back yard with thier friends. I will be posting videos of them driving it soon. Anyway EVERYONE should know about craigslist. It is fabulous!

1 comment:

Lisa/Scott said...

I didn't know that you didn't know about craigslist or I would have told you!! I like that one, and there's ksl.com for the locals in Utah. Another really good one is http://www.freecycle.org/ which is a site with people sick of their stuff and giving it away for free or trading it for someone else's stuff. you should check that one out too!