Monday, October 8, 2007

Are you kidding me?

We have been really working on getting nicholas to go poop in the toilet. he goes pee pee just fine, but we struggle with poop. Today I knew he needed to go, so I stuck him on the toilet and then told him he could't get off until he was done. he cried that he didn't need to go, but i knew that he did so I let him run around without his undies on because I know he won't poop an the floor, he always runs to the toilet. Well I put him on it 4 times in a matter of 20 minutes, and each time he said he didn't have to go and then would run and play. finally he came running past me faster than I'll get out yelling " I need to make a poop!" I followed him into the bathroom and lifted up the lid on the tiolet and helped him sit down. Then I stepped back, into something warm and gooey. He haddn't quite made it.
I went to Sam's Club today...As we were shopping we heard a loud noise. I sounded like someone pushing something heavy across the floor. Nicholas looked up at me in alarm and shouted "Stop the elephant noise!" It definently sounded like an elephant. Then he started yelling "Everyone get out there's an ELEPHANT!!!" He told everyone he saw that there was an elephant and they needed to get out, except for one lady who when he saw her he stuck his finger in his nose and said "I'm getting my boogers out!". I had to go around the whole store until I found what was making the elephant noise, so I could prove to him that there wasn't an elephant. It ended up being a floor cleaner. Then when we were checking out Nicholas tried to strangle Christian every time I turned my head to talk to the cashier, and Christian sat and screamed. Sometimes I wonder why I even go out.
I caught nicholas playing with my digital camera today. He likes to take out the memory card and play with it. Later when I was going to download pictures the camera said that the memory card needed to be reformated. I took it out to check if maybe he put it back in wrong, and as I pulled it out I realized that it was slimey and no, it does not work anymore.
I tried for 2 hours today to put nicholas down for a nap. When I went in his room to put him back in bed for the 5th time I realized he had dumped an entire bottle of lotion all over his bed. He had also pooped in his undies, and wiped the poop all over the bed and the carpet. The nap didn't happen.
I know what you are all thinking. No one's life is really that exciting and glamorous all in one day, but It's true, mine really is!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm sorry to laugh at you - but that was all very funny!

Lisa/Scott said...

Oh Natalie...just reading the beginning part with you stepping in the poop made me cringe and say "oh no!" out loud, and then the story kept going... and kept going again. All I can say, is wow. My poor friend. Can I just say, I love you? No wonder they make the women raise the children, cause the men would have made them drink bleach on purpose by now. hahaha! I'm so not looking forward to potty training, but she's getting close to that point.

Fuller Family said...

Wow, I would like to say I'm am completely amzaed at all of the but I'm not! I have memories very close to those that happen everyother day also. As for potty taining I would say Kaden has bee potty trained for a good four months and the pooping as a nightmare of mine now you might think this is drastic but Kaden gets a quick cold Shower and has to clean it up himself! NOw there are exceptions if he only goes a little bit in his pants and can finish in the potty then he can get a warm shower. Anyway Good LUCK with that I'm sure you will figure out something that works!:)