Friday, October 17, 2008

The Beach


One of the best things about living in North Carolina is that we are just 3 hours away from the beach. This is great because you can go anytime of the year, not just for a summer vacation. Fall is perfect for NC beaches because it is still at least 80 degrees outside, and since it's 'off season' the beach houses rent for a lot less. Last may was our first trip to the beach since moving here 3 years ago. Sam always said that he didn't really care for the beach, so we never went. I think he said that because he grew up with Utah Lake as his beach, and well, who can blame him for not liking mud? So this being our second trip now we have fallen in love with the beach.

Nicholas could honestly spend all day chasing waves and playing in the sand and water.



This is about as close to the water as Christian would get without clinging to the had of his father-yeah, he's a daddy's boy.
Christian LOVES looking for seashells, and digging in the sand with trucks and shovels. He especially loved helping sam burry Nick in the sand.



And I could spend all day watching the two of them, listening to the waves, and looking at my boys tiny footprints is the sand.






2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Natalie...it looks fabulous. I am so jealous!!

Julene said...

Aaaah I miss the beach house! Why'd you have to go and post about that?

Glad Sam is coming around to loving the beach! I can't imagine living there so long and never going!!! I guess Gabe and I helped him get over it a little by giving you guys an excuse to go.