Friday, April 17, 2009

Where is Joseph when I need him?


I need someone who can interpret dreams. I often times have strange dreams, sometimes they come true, which sounds wacky, but I'm serious. When I was in college I dreamt that my parents house burnt down because of a toaster fire, and while it was burning I found the whole family in my parents bedroom watching T.V. I told them the house was on fire and they all just sat there. I asked them if they were going to do anything about it, and they acted like they just didn't care. A few days later I was at home visiting, and I noticed the kitchen cupboard was burned. When I asked what happened, my dad said that while they were all in his room watching T.V., My very young niece went into the kitchen, and tried to make herself toast. Somehow the toaster lit on fire and she was too scared to tell anyone for fear of getting in trouble. When my dad smelt the smoke he went into the kitchen and saw her just standing there and the cupboard on fire. Luckily it didn't burn down the house, but it's scary how similar it was to my dream!
The other night I had a really weird dream. I dreamt that Sam and I moved into a small house in Utah. Right after moving in Sam told me that the next door neighbors told him that the people who lived there before us used to let them use the front lawn to grow corn, and were wondering if we would allow the same. They also said that they would not clear the corn field after the harvest, that would be our job, and no, we did not get any of the corn. Sam told them it would be fine, but when he told me I was not ok with it. I did not want a bunch of corn in front of my house because it would look ridiculous! After a long argument, I went over to tell the neighbors that they could grow corn on our lawn only if they cleared the harvest, and we got at least a few ears of corn which I would even exchange for some of the peas I had growing in my garden. She refused my compromise, and I was the bad guy to all of them. And if that wasn't bad enough, I went into my back yard, and discovered that all of my pea plants had died.
Any takers on the interpretation?

5 comments:

Strawberry Girl said...

Uh, don't know about that one, but I recentlly found a dream that I had written down about handing out sacks of potatoes... I will have to dig it up, maybe food related dreams have something in common right?

Cindy said...

Well I would have an interpretation for you, but it just wouldn't be the same without a song so I can't do it! ;)

"Sad to say, your dream is not
the kind of dream I'd like to get,
The neighbors have it in for you
But of their corn you will not get!"

Amy said...

I don't know what that dreams means. I had a dream about my neighbors across the street. I'll have to tell you sometime as I might get arrested if I posted it here. But dreams are interesting... aren't they!

Emily said...

No interpretation - but I was cracking up reading it. Let me know if you ever see any correlations in reality!

Julene said...

I should think the interpretation would be obvious, Natalie.

"Do NOT eat!"

Or of course it could mean, do more for your neighbors than they would for you. Or else your peas will die. ;)