Sunday, January 27, 2008

What is wrong with these pictures?



I'll give you a hint. It's not that he is actually sitting down. It can't be that he got sick after getting a flu shot, because the doctors all sware that the shot won't make your kid sick. It cannot be entirely coincidental though that EVERY TIME I get my kids flu shots, they have a fever for at least 3 days, they cough, they have yucky noses they whine like crazy, and this time they are throwing up and have the runs. Last year Nicholas not only got sick from the shot, but he still ended up getting the flu a few months later. I have only gotten a flu shot one time in my life, and that was last year-my doctor practically made me because I was pregnant and she said that it would help the baby to get an immunity from the flu. As far as I can remember I don't think I have ever gotten the flu. Now isn't that strange? I'm curious, in med school, do they teach them to lie about this so that people will get them? Because honestly, if they warn you up front that your kid will be sick for a week, you probably wouldn't do it. I don't care what anyone says, FLU SHOTS DO TOO MAKE YOUR KIDS SICK!

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

Crystal needs to get those done too. Hopefully she won't be sick like your poor little boy. Sometimes they help, and sometimes they don't. Strangely enough, her chickenpox vaccine made her sick for almost a week.

Julene said...

Jordan is too young to get the flu shot, but he does get pretty cranky for a few days after his vaccinations.

Being sick is no fun though! But hey, maybe it would have been worse if he hadn't gotten it. Who knows.