Monday, March 17, 2008

Babies...

Sam's brother Tyler called today with the news that his wife Kristen had given birth to a healthy baby girl. I love new babies! They are so sweet, they just melt my heart. It reminded me of when Nicholas was born. After they had cleaned him off (I didn't want him till he was clean) and handed him to me for the first time, I held him and gently touched his face and talked to him softly. He looked up at me as if to say " Oh! I know who you are! I've heard your voice a thousand times!". I think that is how it will be when the Savoir comes again. We will know Him, not because we have seen His face, but because we will recognize His voice, and the way it pierces our hearts just like it has a thousand times before.

3 comments:

Julene said...

Yeah, I know what you mean! Jordan just calmed right down and looked at me with his sweet little eyes. He looked so serene, and just like he knew who I was. I had never thought of it like that, but I think you may be right. We will know the Savior because we've heard His voice. That's a good thought to begin my day! Thanks!

Lisa said...

Hi Natalie, it's the other Lisa. I found your blog through Lisa Itri. I didn't know you had two boys. I loved your sentiments. I just adore brand new babies. I love the analogy you made. I had never thought about it that way before.

Lisa/Scott said...

In that case my upcoming son won't recognize my voice until he hears me yell "Crystal put that down!" lol. I guess I'd better work on that.