Friday, November 7, 2008

20 Minutes before the insurance guy comes...

Finally after 5 and a half years of marriage, we decided we should get some life insurance on Sam-Thank goodness he hasn't killed over before now! The insurance guy was supposed to come over this morning at 9 am to drop off, and have us sign the policy. Since I could do that without Sam here, he went to work as usual. 8 am, I get the boys some oatmeal and hot chocolate for breakfast, just like they asked for. 8:30 they still haven't eaten any of it. Just sitting there staring at it. I start to feed it to them in an effort to get them fed before the insurance guy comes. 8:40, Nicholas announces he needs to go poop. I tell him to hurry and do it so he can finnish his oatmeal. 8:45, Nicholas comes downstairs with poop dripping down his leg. "Um, mom? I think I need some help wiping my bum." I hurry upstairs to clean him off, leaving Christian at the table. When I walked into the bathroom I was shocked. There were poop puddles and pee puddles all over the bathroom, his last pair of clean undies, the toilet seat, EVERYWHERE! Oh, it was gross! The smell was horrific! I hurry downstairs (still gaging) to get some things to clean it up with. Christian had, of course, dumped his entire bowl of oatmeal all over the table and was smearing it around with his hands. Great, one more disaster! 8:55, I finished cleaning and sanitizing the disgusting poop mess, and quickly showered off Nicholas. Just when I was about to hurry downstairs to clean up the oatmeal, I noticed Christian digging in his undies. No! Are you kidding me? He had, of course pooped in his undies, and now had it all over his hands. Of course it was his last pair of clean ones too. So I hurried and cleaned him up and cleaned out his undies. 9:00, I quickly run downstairs to clean the oatmeal mess, and threw the towel in the sink just in time for the doorbell to ring. Honestly, how many things can go wrong in 20 minutes?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my Natalie, that sounds like a really bad morning! And you looked so calm and put together at the park... how do you do that?

Julene said...

Man! It always happens when you have no time to deal with it!I'm sorry!

natalie brady said...

Yeah, I looked calm at the park because Brooke came over and saw me in such distress, and took my kids for 20 minutes for me to calm down. Otherwise I'm sure I would have still been a wreck!

Kara said...

Seriously Nat you are one incredible woman! We all know it takes someone strong like you to deal with all of your amazing poop stories haha! Funny story...So I just noticed that people can leave comments on blogs! I know I'm a slow one...as you know you've already had to coach me through this blogging thing before and I'm sure it won't be the last time haha! But I loved going through and reading all the comments we had it was fun!! Love ya!

Carla said...

Time . . . don't you just love it when it plays a trick on you like that?

You get the badge of honor for getting through the day.

Kathleen said...

Natalie, can I just say, You Rock! ;)

Tasha said...

OH MY WORD!!!! You are amazing, you know, because there arent many people that could have cleaned up that many messes in 20 min!!!!

Cindy said...

Oh wow. You have my total respect to pull that all off (without vomiting) and be ready for the insurance man!