Saturday, November 22, 2008

CHRISTIAN IS 2!!!!!!


Contrary to popular belief, Christian turned 2 today, and not 3. This was evident by the way he whacked me over and over as I sang "Happy Birthday" to him this morning. Oh how I love the terrible 2's! I have had a number of people guess that he was turning 3, which is in line with the fact that when he turned 1, people thought he was 2. I guess he is a tall 2 year old, and he does speak pretty clearly. The one that gets me though is when I am out shopping and I'll have the two boys in the cart, and people will ask me if they are twins! It's actually happened several times. This is funny because not only are they almost 2 -1/2 years apart, but I don't even think they look like each other at all! Anyway... He is 2 today and I am so happy we have him in our family. I love his sweet hugs and kisses. I love listening to him sing-his favorites are..Old MacDonald had a farm, Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, and twinkle twinkle little star. I love his wild hair with all his cal-licks, his fat little nose, and those eyelashes-long and black! He has a feisty streak that just cracks me up! Unfortunately I even adore him when he is being a beastly 2 year old, which makes it hard to discipline him seriously.




For his Birthday he got a pack of trucks, a Diego jacket, and a Diego trike-Yes, Diego is his favorite! We also took the boys to see the new Disney movie "Bolt". This is the first time we have taken the boys to a movie theater because they don't even sit through movies at home, but we thought it would be fun to try. The movie was great, and Christian really got into it. There were a few time when he stood up and was yelling at the screen! Of course about halfway into it, Nicholas got restless and started switching chairs all over the theater-luckily there was only about 20 people there, so he had lots of seats to choose from!

We had our traditional mini Cold Stone Ice cream cake, which was a perfect way to end the day. I love Christian and I'm so happy he was born!

4 comments:

Audrey said...

Happy Birthday Christian!!!! You are a sweet boy and I miss being your nursery teacher.

Devin and Kara said...

Holy cow that kid looks huge! Tell my adorable nephew happy birthday from me and Devin...even though it's a tad late! I'm sad I don't get to come out with mom and dad this Christmas to visit you guys! I miss you all so much! Tell everyone hi for me! Love you Nat!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Christian! I'm glad he is only two because that just means you have more time with him. Your birthday plans sound fabulous! Perhaps we will duplicate them when Iris turns 2!

Lisa/Scott said...

HURRAY Christian!!! I can't believe how fast time goes by.