Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Should I call the doctor?"

I went on a field trip with Nicholas and his preschool class. The whole time Nicholas kept pushing on his crotch. I asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom. He said that he didn't, but he kept pushing. Then he started adjusting his underwear. I asked him if it itched down there. He said "No, it hurts." "It hurts? Are you sure it doesn't itch?" "No, It hurts." Hmmmm. What could make it hurt down there? He continued to push throughout the morning and afternoon. Later we were outside playing with my neighbor who also has a little boy. I asked he what she thought it might be. I wondered if boys could get a bladder infection? She said they could, but it's rare. I told Nicholas that if it didn't stop bothering him, then we might have to take him to the doctor. When it was nap time I told Nicholas to go use the bathroom before he went to bed. A minute later I heard him in the bathroom shouting "Hey Mom, come look! I got it out! Now I don't have to go to the doctor!" I hurried into the bathroom very curious about what "It" was. I walked in and he pointed to the floor and happily said "See! I got it out!" I looked down at the floor, and there was a little sprig of pine needles on the floor! I burst out laughing, just as relieved as Nicholas that I didn't have to take him to the doctor!

3 comments:

Julene said...

hehe.  Yeah, I think that would probably make him hurt... ;) 

TJ and Stephanie said...

OUCH!!!! Poor little guy. that is such a funny story though. I wasn't expecting that ending!! To funny!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Hey there, I don't think I ever said thanks for the apron! It is so perfect, just what I wanted! I hope you like your Christmas gift, It was a bit difficult and turned out a bit different than i thought but i hope yhou like it! Merry Christmas