Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanksgiving and Tree Decorating

Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving. We had some friends come over and we feasted for a few days on all the leftovers!





Then of course there was Black Friday Shopping. This has to be one of my favorite holiday season traditions. There is nothing like the rush of standing in line outside in the freezing cold at 5 am, waiting for the store to open, and hoping the entire time that the 200 people in front of you are not there for the same item you are! I got all of my Christmas shopping done in 2 hours, I got everything I set out to get, and I got great deals on all of it! What a great day! Then to top it all off, Sam actually asked if I wanted to put up the Christmas tree that day. This is exciting because he NEVER wants to put it up this early. He doesn't like fighting the kids off of it. In fact there have been several years when he has tried to talk me out of putting it up all together! So we put up the tree. Since then we have of course had several casualties when it comes to broken ornaments, but luckily most of them weren't worth much anyway. Except for when Christian knocked down the tree. The only ornament that broke was on that was given to me on my mission by a lady I taught. It was hand painted on the inside. Very beautiful. Sam said I should just leave it in the box. I put it at the top so that the boys couldn't play with it. I didn't even think about the tree getting knocked over on it. That was sad.





3 comments:

Kathleen said...

Natalie, I just have to tell you I think you are an amazing mom! I love how beautiful your home is, and how wonderful you make it for all your boys. I'm sorry that a memorable ornament was destroyed, but you never know, maybe your boys will find a special way to make it up to you ;)

Julene said...

Aaaah sad about the ornament! But that's great that Sam's getting into the holiday spirit early this year. Maybe you're starting to rub off on him. ;) Love the bubble lights btw!

the hamms said...

It looks like you had a snowman massacre!!