Monday, December 15, 2008

Williamsburg,VA

While Sam's parents were here we took a little trip 3 hours north to Williamsburg and Jamestown Virginia. We went to Jamestown one day, and Williamsburg the next. I was a little bit disappointed in Williamsburg, not that the city it's self wasn't fantastic, but the day we went it was very cold, my boys were sick with colds, and they certainly didn't want to stand and listen to people talk about the old colonial days. It really wasn't as kid-friendly as I thought it would be either, and you had to pay extra for everything. Overall it was still fun to see what we did. The Governor's Palace (extra money) was very fun to see. After the tour you could walk around the gardens, and they had a real hedge maze to walk through! We also saw the Fife and Drum parade, which was short, but the boys loved it! Grandma even bought them each their own tin flute, and the whole town got to 'enjoy' my boys beautiful music. We toured as many houses and shops as we could before the boys begged us to take them home.


3 comments:

Heather said...

Your boys are so cute!!!

It looks like Jamestowm is far better. I had a similar experience in Williamsburg about 9 years ago. Almost everything was closed, and what was open cost soo much! We had lunch in one of their taverns and someone got an old time hamburger that sounded like it would have a nice slice of ham on a burger. It turned out to be a thin square slice of ham on a hamburger bun. Lame!

Amy said...

I loved looking at all the pictures of your trip. I still really want to go there, but I don't know when we'll get there.

So can I just tell you that your hairstyle is soooo cute. I really noticed how cute it is on Sunday. You are so stylish! Anyway, just thought I'd drop that on you! And i missed you at Turbo Jam today!

Julene said...

Aaah I am a bit jealous! I love learning the history of the colonial period! Too bad it was so cold though!