Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Life's Work Is Complete!

Or at least my life for the last 7 months that is. last august my friend emily and i went to a relief society class about making quiet books, and everyone in my ward can testify that if there ever was a child in need of assistance in being quiet, it's nicholas, so we decided to make the quiet books for our kids. the lady teaching the class said it took her about 60 hours to make it. Emily and i both though that was ridiculous. There was no way on earth it would take us that long. considering that neither of us are really experienced sewers, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. everything took longer than we thought. first there was finding all the materials-a story all it's own, then the cutting, tracing, reinforcing, sewing, coloring, and then the zipper case, neither of us had ever made a zipper case before, and the was on of the few things there wasn't a pattern for. well, 7 long months and 2 babies later(one for me and one for her)we finished. It's not perfect, but i have to say, I am dang proud of it.

3 comments:

Princess Kathleen said...

Good job buttface!!! Very cute.

Lisa/Scott said...

You're a better woman than me...I would have given up and it would have been just another unfinished project in a closet tupperware.

Tyler and Kristen said...

Hey Natalie, this is Kristen, your sister in law that you have never met. I just wanted to let you know that Tyler and I check your site all the time and think all the stories are so cute, and so we (I) started one for us. we dont write often, but it is www.tylerandkristen.blogspot.com we are excited to have you guys come and visit and get to know you and your kids!!!