Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nicholas' first day of preschool!


Yea! It's finally here! I don't know who was more excited, me or Nicholas. We got up early so we could have a special pancake with sprinkles and watermelon breakfast before school. To every person he saw on the way to his class Nicholas said "Hi! It's my first day of school!" Class today was only for a half an hour so that the kids could meet the teachers and explore the classroom. He had a great time playing with all the toys and meeting friends. As we were leaving though he voiced his only complaint. "But mom! We didn't do any work today!" We have been practicing writing letters and coloring shapes to prepare for preschool, so he was very disappointed that we didn't do it at preschool. I promised him that he would get to do work tomorrow. All day long he made Christian play pretend preschool with him. I'm excited for him to go to preschool. I think he'll have a great time!

3 comments:

Mike and Jana Black said...

Sounds like he's going to love preschool. My kids did. I was excited to send them, one less kid for a couple of hours, can't complain about that.

Lisa/Scott said...

I love his outfit! What a handsome little boy you have! I can remember going into kindergarten and immediately asking my teacher for homework. Little did I know that I'd hate even the thought of homework even now as an adult who's not in school. haha.

Julene said...

That's cute! Glad he's so excited about school. Hopefully he'll stay that way!