Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Um, the boys are being awfully quiet.....

Sunday morning Sam and I were upstairs in our room talking while the boys were downstairs playing. Suddenly I realize they are being a little too quiet. My initial fear is always that they have gone out the back door to play, which happens more often than I would like. So I send Sam downstairs to check. He got halfway down and heard them talking. Satisfied that they were not outside, he came back up without checking what they were doing. A few more minutes went by and I still felt uneasy about how quiet they were being. My boys are almost never quiet when they play together. There is always screaming and yelling and laughing. So I send Sam down again. "Natalie! You have to come and see what they are doing!" So I go down. Now a few days ago I bought some candle holders that were white, and I let Nicholas help me paint them brown. Well he decided to climb to the top shelf of our linen closet, get the brown paint and paintbrushes and let Christian help him paint. Not only were the candle holders more brown, so were the candles, the buffet, the carpet, and my boys. Poor Christian must have been painted by Nicholas because he had it all over his back, and a big glob in his hair, which took 3 washes to get out! My main regret is that unfortunately my camera ran out of batteries before I could get very many pictures.

2 comments:

Lisa/Scott said...

The quiet thing always worries me too. Sometimes Scott thinks I'm just paranoid, but I know when my kids being sneaky no matter what anyone says! All crayons have been banned from the house since she can't seem to color on paper anymore.

Julene said...

Oh no! How did you get the paint out of everything? I hope there wasn't a lot!